Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pantry Panic

Hey There, it's been a while, but don't you worry, I have been busy at work in the kitchen!!

So.. my goal the last couple of weeks has been to eat what is in our cupboards and not go to the grocery store.  Sounds crazy, but we are going on vacation and I hate to buy a bunch of food that will just go to waste.  So, now that we're down to the final days, this has gotten more tricky.  I always have a pantry full of canned foods and a freezer full of meats, it's just the extras I run out of.  Here's the run-down of what I had:
*cooked steaks (left-over from dinner with my parents)
*canned corn
*cream of chicken soup
*8 oz cream cheese
*8 oz velveeta
*spaghetti
*milk
Sounds random, but I combined it all, and it was actually really tastey!!  Here's what I did:
*Cook entire package (1 lb) of spaghetti
*In a large skillet, heat 1 TBS of olive oil then add cooked meat (can be any meat-chicken, ground beef), corn, cream of chicken soup, 1 cup milk, and seasonings (I used about 1 TBS each of garlic salt and chili powder).
*Cube cream cheese and velveeta then add to meat mixture and heat until cheeses are melted.
*put cooked spaghetti on bottom of 9x13 pan then cover with cheese mixture and combine in pan until noodles are covered.  Sprinkle your favorite cheese on top along with some extra sprinkles of chili powder.
*Bake in oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes.  Serve hot and enjoy!

Always remember, a filled pantry leaves no room for panic- so keep those cupboards packed for that rainy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment